Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Race Week

Success is in the preparation, so prepare to be successful.

This weekend is my first race of the season. Although it doesn't really feel like racing season still being so cold and gloomy, but this week looks like we are taking a change toward summer. I am excited to get out on the race course and test my fitness and sharpen up my race skills. Usually the first race of the season is an eye opener for me, pointing out my weaknesses and putting me right where I need to be... ready to work harder and get better for the next race. There is something to be learned in every situation if you know where to look. Normally it is very easy to see the lessons in a race. The differences in fitness and technique are magnified during a competition  and you can really see where you can improve in the future.

Nice scene from a run to Montrose Beach.


I still have a few workouts this week, but the duration is going down, and they are all more race specific, so I am looking forward to a little bit of a break this week to rest up for race day. I was a little disappointed when I saw there was no race day packet pickup, of course right after I finished signing up, but I guess it will be nice to check out the route to the start and the race course before the race. It does take a little stress out of the game to know exactly where you are going and what to expect come race day. It is in the unknowns where mistakes are made.

Time to hit the pool to keep honing the swimming skills for what should be a fantastic race season!!

Check in next week for a review of the Niles YMCA Leaning Tower Triathlon.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing this running fitness Chicago. I will definitely come in your place so that I can try it. So see you. Keep on sharing!

    chicago fitness

    ReplyDelete