Sunday, March 17, 2013

Lucky Run






I feel lucky every time that I run. Health is the true wealth, so get out there and get wealthy!

Patch O' Lucky Clovers


Happy St. Patricks Day! What a difference a year makes. I won't go into great detail about the weather, but last year on this day I was running at the lake front, past Ohio St. beach, and it was full of revilers drinking and being merry and soaking up the 70 degree sun. This year is a bit more what you would expect for this time of year, 30's and windy with a bit of snow left on the ground. The sun was shining bright today which was a nice plus. I didn't make it to Ohio St. beach, but I am guessing that it looked very similar to Foster St. beach today. Empty.

Foster St Beach


It felt really good to get some miles done in the sun, and towards the end of my run I saw the first sail boats of the season cutting through Belmont Harbor. With the birds chirping and the sailboats smoothing out the water today, I am longing for some warmer spring weather to begin thawing out this frozen city.
First spring sailboats!


I've been pondering what races that I would like to do this year, and so far I know that I for sure want to do an Olympic triathlon, a 10K, and a road marathon. Secondly, I would like to do my hometown sprint triathlon, and maybe a half marathon. I haven't gotten as far as actually picking out races or putting together a schedule. All in due time.

No comments:

Post a Comment